Thursday, October 8, 2015

Positive Monochromatic Vibes

Had the pleasure of shooting with Mr. Brian Valdizno (IG: @valdizbro) yesterday! Our first style shoot and I'd say it went swimmingly! I wanted to incorporate two looks into one. I love the idea of making "outfit changes" without actually making outfit changes. I go through days at school I'm which case heels would not be the proper footwear for--even though heels add a certain chicness to an outfit sometimes that makes it. My goal is to inspire you guys to create your own "convertible outfits"! It's a great way to go from functional to fancy for any occasion without too many frills. *wink*

Me and Brian got to talking about the past and why I'm starting to blog--basically "why now?" Well, I've always had a strong interest and passion for fashion; it's probably the one thing I've put most of my efforts to and one thing I am constantly thinking about. The answer to the "why now" question is that I'm finally in a place where I feel like I can achieve more--do better. Events that have happened and some people in my past have kept me from pursuing what I love for fear of judgment, fear of embarrassment or fear of failure. When there are these people around you, no matter how many praises you get--it could be hundreds--just that one negative remark will be the one that sticks to you, and I'll tell you I've had more than just one. So, you can understand my lifelong struggle with low self esteem, although it may not look it. I know everyone has those thoughts that put you down sometimes and keep you from doing the things you love, but I'm here to show you, you can do better, and to show myself I can do better. I know this is cliché, but you have to believe in yourself. The hardest thing to do is to overcome your thoughts and what's holding you back in your mind and in your heart. Once you let go of the negativity that's holding you down, like I am trying to, and channel your positive energy into something you love, there's nothing but success and happiness that will come from it. That's it for the life rant/intro number Tu (; enjoy the pics!  

*special thanks to @valdizbro for the shots! 









Jacket: BCBGMAXAZRIA
Top: H&M
Culottes: Zara
Heels: Public Desire
Slip-ons: Nine West
Rucksack: Target 

1 comment: